Growing list of pet and animal facts
A growing list of pet facts that will brighten your day
One fact will arrive in your email with a colorful picture and clickable links. It is sweet and simple and most of all will not take up much of your time!
3. A group of is called a parliament.
6. Some turtles can breathe through their rear ends!- This term is called cloacal respiration.
|Some turtles can breathe through their rear ends!|
7. A cat's nose pad is as unique as a human fingerprint or snowflake. It would be hard to get a print on that mischievous cat.
8. Did you know that a camel's humps do not really store water?
9. There are 18 species of penguin which are found in a variety of countries
10. A group of ferrets is called a “business.”
11. Chickens absorb vitamin-D through their combs from sunshine.
13. Woodpeckers peck on wood or objects as a form of communication!
14. Diseases that can spread from monkeys to humans include Ebola Reston, B virus (Cercopithecine herpesvirus 1), monkeypox, yellow fever, simian immunodeficiency virus, tuberculosis, and other diseases not yet known or identified.- This is called zoonotic disease (animal to human)
|Monkey with an attractive beard|
15. Dalmations are born completely white and develop their spots at a later age.
16. Giant spiders can eat birds!🕷
17. Dogs have 319-321 bones while humans have around 206 bones.
21. A Polar bear's skin is black.
|Image credits- Wikimedia Commons|