Growing list of facts about guinea pigs
Facts about guinea pigs you may not have known!
Guinea pigs are special creatures. I have owned, raised, and loved guinea pigs since I was a child.
They are thought to bring good fortune. It is easy to love such a cute and friendly animal. There are so many interesting facts about guinea pigs!
Here are some interesting tidbits of info for you to chew on with your guinea pig. This list will continue to grow. Be sure to check back to learn more about your guinea pig.
|Guinea pigs make the world a better place|
2. When guinea pigs are excited they hop and jump around and this is called "popcorning" It is the most adorable thing to see!
|Guinea pigs love to eat!|
4. Did you know that guinea pigs have twenty teeth! This includes the four incisors that are in the front.
5. Guinea pigs are born with fur and with their eyes open. They are as cute as a button. They are able to run around just hours after they are born.
6. Guinea pigs do not eat meat! They are herbivores and eat things like carrots, oranges, green leafy lettuce, timothy hay, and they have their own special guinea pig food.
|Oxbow Essentials Cavy Performance Young Guinea Pig Food|
|Kaytee Timothy Hay|
8. Guinea pigs like to cuddle and lounge about. It is so cute to see a comfy little guinea pig sprawled out in a cuddle sack.
10. Guinea pigs have 3-4 babies at a time.
11. A female guinea pig is called a sow and a male guinea pig is called a boar.
Please check back to see more information about Guinea pigs